These phone numbers will connect you directly with an appointment coordinator in the Referring Provider Scheduling Office at the respective Mayo Clinic campus.
Patient appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time at each campus. Consultations with Mayo physicians are also available during these hours.
For fax requests, download a referral form. Fill it out on your computer, then print and fax it to the appropriate campus. You'll receive a response to your fax request within one to three days.
Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona
- Phone: 866-629-6362 (toll-free)
- Fax: 480-301-4071
- From outside the U.S.:
480-301-6539 (phone) or 480-301-4071 (fax)
Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida
- Phone: 800-634-1417 (toll-free)
- Fax: 904-953-0575
- From outside the U.S.: 904-953-7000 (phone) or 904-953-7329 (fax)
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- Phone: 800-533-1564 (toll-free)
- Fax: 800-321-1368 (toll-free)
- From outside the U.S.: 507-538-1515 (phone) or 507-538-7802 (fax)
We have a secure online referral service to help you refer patients to Mayo Clinic and view clinical results on your patients, including:
- Clinical notes
- Discharge notes
- Patient itinerary
- Radiology and pathology reports
- Test results
- Surgical summaries
- Visit summaries
Requesting a Referral
We will need this information to schedule an appointment:
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Mayo Clinic registration number, if a previous patient
- Type of insurance (such as HMO, workers' compensation, medical assistance)
- Nature of medical issue
We also need to know:
- Your referring physician National Provider Identifier (NPI) number
- Services you would like Mayo to provide
Patients with urgent medical or surgical needs are given priority in the appointment system. Appointments for non-urgent medical issues are scheduled several days to several weeks in advance. In general, pediatric services are offered only at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota.
Once your patient has been seen at Mayo Clinic you will receive the following:
- Medical records and Summary reports
- You will receive your patient's Mayo medical records in a timely manner once he or she is seen. Users of our referring provider portal have immediate access to their patient's records and will not receive mailed or faxed reports. Our physicians will provide a summary of diagnostic reports and treatments to you as soon as it becomes available. Mayo encourages referring physicians to register for a portal account. Records will be sent via mail or fax for those providers who do not use the portal.
Hospital Admissions and Transfers
Experienced nursing staff is available 24/7 to coordinate direct admission, emergency department evaluation or inpatient consultation on your patients for any Mayo Clinic Hospital. Additionally, safe transport using Mayo Clinic Medical Transport can be coordinated for airplane, helicopter and ground transportation through the same phone call.
Why Refer to Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic respects the relationships you have with your patients and is committed to open communication and prompt follow-up after your patient is seen.
We recognize that your patient looks to you as his or her primary provider — and we expect to entrust your patient back to your ongoing care after being seen at Mayo Clinic. Mayo sees patients from all walks of life and is an in-network provider for millions of people. To refer a patient, you don't need to know a Mayo Clinic staff member or have a previous relationship with us. Let us collaborate with you to provide the highest quality care to our patients.
Quality and Expertise. Mayo Clinic is continually developing new diagnosis and treatment techniques and refining and improving existing ones. Mayo Clinic has tertiary and quaternary expertise found in few other medical centers, including novel treatment options and clinical trials.
Collaboration. Working together with medical professionals in the community and around the world has been part of Mayo's culture since our founding over 150 years ago. Let us collaborate with you to provide the highest quality care to our patients.
Ease. Click, call or fax — we offer several ways to refer patients, all streamlined to save time for you and your colleagues. Use our referring physician portal when it's convenient for you, or gain electronic access to patient appointment times and subsequent clinical notes and test results.
Locations. We have major campuses in three regions of the U.S. — Rochester, Minnesota; Jacksonville, Florida; and Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona — as well as Mayo Clinic Health System locations that serve more than 70 communities in Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota. This offers your patients multiple ways to access Mayo Clinic, no matter where they live.
Telephone consult with Mayo Clinic Physicians
Physicians in most medical and surgical specialties at Mayo Clinic are available to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call the Referring Provider Office to arrange:
See the list of medical departments and centers at each Mayo Clinic campus.